GOVINDSHREE is a registered charitable trust established on “No Profit No Loss” basis & led by Dr. Mrs. Madhuri Dani.
The Head Office & campus is at Phaltan (approx. 260 kms south east of Mumbai) in India.
GOVINDSHREE CHARITABLE TRUST has started the “PRACSI” program with the objectives as below:
PRACSI Mission & Objectives:
Dr. Mrs. Madhuri Dani is a Doctorate in
Marathi Literature and a former Head of Marathi Department of Mudhoji College in
Phaltan. She retired in 2010 after teaching Marathi literature for over 20 years.
During her teaching career she attracted many students from abroad who wanted to learn about
Indian Culture and Heritage. In fact, many of her foreign students lived in her house in
Phaltan for extended durations and gained good understanding of India's rich culture and heritage,
Indian History, Art and Traditions from her rich experience and in-depth knowledge.
- To spread Awareness & Knowledge about India's rich culture & heritage.
- Promote Indian Yoga and Meditation to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Understand and experience Indian Agriculture.
- Study regional language (Marathi) & know its ancient and modern
literature & correlate the same with Sanskrit, which is one of the
oldest languages in the world.
- Know more about Indian Arts with special focus on Rural Arts like
Warali paintings, Folk music & Dances, Heena (Mehendi), Rangoli etc.
- Coordinate & conduct Research Projects on specific areas of
interest in these fields.
- To give a first hand experience of Indian Rural Lifestyle to
- Study “Bara Balutedar” system — the conventional system for
“Distribution of Work” in Indian society.
- Study of Indian Festivals and Rituals.
The idea of PRACSI program has its origins in her numerous interactions with the foreign students. She found that many persons are keen to learn and know about
Indian culture and heritage. She decided to establish Govindshree trust on “No Profit No Loss” basis and designed
PRACSI program to cover these topics of interest.
Other members of the trust are:
All classes, site visits and practicals are held at Phaltan and sorrounding areas.
- Mr. Vilas Dani who is an Agriculturist and has more than 40 years of first hand agricultural expertise.
- Mr. Hemant Bendrey, an acclaimed sports personality in India.
- Mrs. Priya Bendrey, a post graduate of Law & a professional artist for Folk Paintings, Art work, Hena (mehendi), Murals, Rangoli etc.
- Mr. Ballal Chandrachud who is a Rotarian, an Industrialist, an Agriculturalist, and believes in leading a spiritual life style.
- Mrs. Meghana Dani, a post graduate in commerce and a Lecturar of Commerce & Accounts
- Mr. Sanjay Shrikhande, an Agriculturist